The Royce Data Curation team aims to expand and improve open research practises across the Henry Royce Institute. We are launching the Henry Royce Institute Data Infrastructure Project to accelerate the transition to open research across the Royce partnership.
Royce Data Curation Team Services
Our team provide a range of services to Royce affiliated researchers including:
What is Open Research?
Open research, also known as open science, supports the ideas that research should be as accessible, transparent, verifiable and reproducible as possible. It relates to the practice of how research is executed and how resulting knowledge is shared, exploiting digital technologies to support and uphold its goals throughout the research and innovation lifecycle.
Open research improves public value, research integrity, re-use and impact – supporting collaboration within and across disciplines and provoking a healthy research culture and environment.
A key part of Open Research is Open Data, which aims to make research data Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable (FAIR).
The ethos of open research underpins the Royce research challenge area of Materials 4.0 and big-data approaches to materials science.
About the Royce Data Infrastructure Project
The Henry Royce Institute Data Infrastructure Project aims to develop and roll-out an indexing system for experimental and computational data produced within the Royce community. The Data Curation team will also support researchers with data management and open research methods through online materials, workshops and training. This project aims to:
- Provide a data management platform for researchers at Royce
- Support the curation of a wide range of data types
- Support publication integrity by making data accessible and supporting reproducible research methods
- Allow researchers to utilise research data from the wider Royce community
- Facilitate collaboration through data sharing
- Allow researchers to gain credit for producing high-quality data
- Provide a standard for research data management within the Royce Community
- Promote FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable) data principles
- Ensure compliance with Open Research policies from funding bodies
- Facilitate Materials 4.0 at Royce and data-driven materials science
UKRI, Open Research Policy
FAIR data principles (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable)
RDM Research Data Management Kit