6th International Conference on Phononic Crystals, Metamaterials, Metasurfaces, Phonon Transport, and Topological Phononics
Venue: Manchester Engineering Campus Development (MECD) Engineering Building A
Registration: Opening shortly
About the conference
Phononics 2023 is the sixth conference dedicated to analysis and manipulation of phonons (vibrations in solids), connecting researchers interested in phononic crystals, acoustic, elastic, nanophononic, and thermal metamaterials, metasurfaces, wave propagation in periodic structures, nano-scale phonon transport, optomechanics and phonon coupling.
More specifically, the conference scientific focus will be on the following nine central themes underlying current research in the field of phononics:
1. Phononic Crystals; Fundamentals, Design and Fabrication.
2. Acoustic and Elastic Metamaterials; Fundamentals, Design and Fabrication
3. Acoustic and Elastic Metasurfaces; Fundamentals, Design and Fabrication
4. Temporally modulated Phononic Media
5. Topological Acoustics and Phononics
6. Nonlinear Phononics
7. Thermal Phonons
8. Mathematical Methods Underpinning Phononics
9. Applied Phononics
The conference will also endeavour to seek links from phononics to other related fields in an attempt to enhance the possibilities for collaboration. In particular we highlight opportunities in photonics and quantum applications.