EPSRC CDT in Advanced Biomedical Materials
There’s an opportunity for up to 15 students to undertake a fully-funded, four-year Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) PhD in Advanced Biomedical Materials and form part of a strong, internationally leading cohort of interdisciplinary researchers.
Apply to help shape the future of biomedical materials research in the UK and further afield.
Why undertake a CDT PhD in Advanced Biomedical Materials?
- Develop strong links and networks that enable you to collaborate worldwide and enhance the future of UK biomedical materials.
- Learn transferable skills such as project management, dissemination and multidisciplinary communication skills and enhance your employability.
- Engage with established industry partners and develop new industrial partnerships.
- Participate in exciting outreach and widening participation activities with school children and the general public.
- Contribute to improving the quality of life of our rapidly growing and ageing society.
Students will be trained in:
- Fibre Technology
- Additive Manufacturing
- Improved Pre-Clinical Characterisation
- Manufacturing Scale Up
All with special emphasis on equality, diversity, inclusion, responsible research and innovation.
How to apply
Applicants should be from the UK/EU and should have obtained or be about to obtain a First class or Upper Second class UK honours degree, or an overseas equivalent.
The degree should be in a relevant area of science or engineering.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, fill in the online application form: https://www.advanced-biomedical-materials-cdt.manchester.ac.uk/study/how-to-apply/
Successful applicants will be invited to interview on 24th April 2020.