The University of Birmingham and the Supergen Energy Storage Network+, together with partners including the International Energy Storage Alliance (INESA) are pleased to announce the 2nd World Energy Storage Conference (WESC 2022), jointly with the 7th UK Energy Storage Conference (UKESC 2022). The hybrid opening event will take place on 12th October 2022, with core proceedings taking place online on 13th – 14th October 2022.
Energy storage is a key enabler for the decarbonisation of our energy systems to achieve a Net-Zero future. This joint event aims to provide an inclusive platform for all energy storage researchers and practitioners across academia, industry, government agencies and non-government organisations, to share their work through oral and poster presentation sessions, and to build collaborations through networking.
The conference will include but is not limited to the following topics:
· Role, value and policy of energy storage
· Life cycle analysis and sustainability of energy storage technologies
· Recent advances and breakthroughs in energy storage
· Application of energy storage through integration with renewable generation and energy networks
· Artificial Intelligence and energy storage
· Energy storage for decarbonisation of heating and cooling
· Energy storage for decarbonisation of transport
The conference organisers welcome oral or poster presentations from across the world. Contributing authors are requested to submit an extended abstract via the abstract submission page by 5th August 2022.
Subsequently the conference contributors will be invited to submit a full paper for peer-reviewed journals, subject to a peer-review process. Provisional agreements have been obtained with top peer-reviewed international journals to publish special issues on the conference-related topics.
See the event agenda for the specific times and locations of different talks.