RAMS 2019 aims to help recent appointees in academia and industry to expand and consolidate a national collaborative community, share experiences and create a network of support.
RAMS2019 will cover a wide range of topics in Materials Science organised by a very diverse ECR materials community within the University of Liverpool: in the Materials Innovation Factory (MIF), the School of Engineering and the School of Physical Sciences.
We welcome Abstracts submission within any area in Materials Science and Chemistry with particular focus on the following topics:
- Colloidal processing and soft materials (Dr Esther Garcia-Tunon and Dr Tom McDonald)
- Advanced characterisation techniques (Dr Sam Chong and Dr Layla Mehdi)
- Functional materials (Dr Anna Slater and Dr Colin Crick)
- Complex, bioinspired structures and composites (Dr Tom Hasell and Dr Esther Garcia-Tunon)
- Materials of the future (Dr Sam Chong and Dr Colin Crick).
We will host the networking and poster sessions in the MIF Atrium, where sponsors will be able to showcase their companies and products to facilitate engagement at all levels.
The program will also include two panel discussions covering different aspects within the following topics: career paths and development (from industrial and academic perspectives), securing funding, publishing and impact, and managing a research group.
Confirmed invited speakers:
- Prof Eduardo Saiz (Imperial College London)
- Prof Rachel Williams (University of Liverpool)
- Prof Serena Corr (University of Sheffield)
- Dr Samantha Thomas (Research Group Leader at Johnson Matthey)
- Dr Prateek Dongare (Team Manager [Energy Materials] at Nature Communications)
RAMS supporters include: