Arcast - SC100
Arcast’s Melt Spinner casts a thin ribbon of rapidly quenched amorphous material in 100g batches, and is suitable for Al, Fe, Ni, and Cu alloys.
- Partner:The University of Sheffield
Or call us now on 0161 275 8382
The strip caster uses induction melting in an inert atmosphere and a water-cooled, variable-speed copper wheel to quench the metal and generate the ribbon.
It is a complete system consisting of vacuum chamber, control cabinet, high vacuum dual vane rotary pump (or turbo pump option) for 9 x 10-3 mbar vacuum, and it can produce rapidly quenched ribbons 1 – 20 mm wide.
It has a:
– 3 way crucible positioning system
– View ports for optical pyrometer and for viewing the process
– Types K, B or C thermocouple feed-through and temperature display
– Cooling jets for above and below the cast ribbon. These may be used with helium for increased cooling
– Melt ejection by way of gas top pressure over the melt
- Capacity: 100g typical for Al, Fe, Ni, and Cu alloys
- Crucible/Hearth: Quartz, boron nitride, ZSBN or alumina
- Chamber: Stainless
- Wheel material: Copper, water cooled
- Wheel dimensions: 300mm dia, 50mm wide
- Wheel surface velocity: 25-200m/s
- Induction generator: 15kW HF
Fill in the form and a member of the Royce team will be in touch.
Thanks for your message, it has been sent.