This is a key part of through-processing, from alloy design to component manufacture, and an essential process for aerospace components, for example. The HIP has a 150mm diameter x 300mm long hot zone that is perfect for scaling up samples.
In powder metallurgy, HIP allows us to compress a volume of metal powder at such high temperature and pressures, that through a combination of deformation, creep and diffusion you actually create a product with an homogenous annealed microstructure (compact solid) with minimal or no impurities in the materials.
- Working pressure: 45,000 PSI (310 Mpa)
- Controls: Easy-to-use operator interface
- Thermocouple: 4 each type C (Tungsten/Rhenium)
- Vessel interior length: 24 inches (610 mm)
- Carbon Furnace: a Carbon furnace for use to 2000°C
- Heating Rate: Standard furnace rate up to 25°C per minute
- Cooling rate: Up to 40°C per minute.
- Maximum sample size: 75 mm diameter and 60 mm length.
Fill in the form and a member of the Royce team will be in touch.
Thanks for your message, it has been sent.