The Impulse Programme led by the University of Cambridge’s Maxwell Centre is an intensive learning programme to support entrepreneurs in commercialising innovative ideas.
The programme invites researchers and early-stage entrepreneurs to bring their innovative scientific ideas and receive training from experienced professionals on how to successfully commercialise intellectual property into “high-potential” business cases. The core of Impulse’s
approach is to engage experienced entrepreneurs to act as role models and to provide guidance to support up and coming innovators.
- 3 month course
- Individual assignments
- Mentoring and regular clinics (one-to-one discussions with business professionals)
The Henry Royce Institute is offering bursaries* for materials researchers to take part in the Impulse 2021 Programme.
Candidates looking for sponsorship must be postgraduate research students or postdocs working in advanced materials research at a UK Higher Education Institute.
Successful applicants will have an existing idea that they wish to be informed by the Impulse programme. This idea does not need to be fully developed, the aim of the Impulse Programme is to inform this.
*Bursaries of £3000 will cover the cost of the 3-month programme.
How to Apply
Application for the Impulse programme should be made via the Impulse website.
Applications for Royce bursaries should include the following responses in the Course and Accommodation Section of the application form:
- I would like to apply for the Impulse Programme as: External Partner £3000
- Who is paying for the course? Your Sponsor
- I would like to apply for the sponsorship of: Henry Royce Institute
- I require accommodation during the course: Yes or No
- Who is paying for your accommodation? Yourself or No accommodation is required
- Sponsor information: Henry Royce Institute, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0161 306 7585
For queries regarding the Henry Royce Institute Bursaries for the Impulse 2021 Programme please contact:
David Stanley (CDT Development Manager), T: 0161 306 4161
The deadline for applications for Royce sponsorship of a place on the Impulse 2021 programme is 19 March 2021.
Selected applicants will be interviewed by Skype, telephone or face-to-face as appropriate before they are accepted to the programme.