Royce is looking to support approximately 5 collaborative RD&I projects in advanced materials.
The total cost of each project is expected to be in the region of £100k.
The Royce Industrial Collaboration Programme aims to match companies that have research, development, and innovation (RD&I) projects with UK experts in materials science and cutting-edge facilities in a truly collaborative endeavor.
The programme supports UK businesses requiring RD&I in the area of advanced materials.
Funding awards are intended to provide access to both state-of-the-art Royce facilities, located nationwide, and to world-leading UK scientific expertise to address barriers to advanced materials development. Projects could focus on addressing:
- longstanding technical issues affecting a products’ performance,
- an emerging materials challenge preventing or inhibiting new product development,
- fundamental characterisation and/or validation of materials used in products.
Key dates and information
- Project durations are expected to be in the range of 3-6 months
- Applications close Monday 16 March 2021
- Before making an application please contact the member of our Business Engagement Team operating in your area to discuss your project and application (contact details below)
- Projects must be completed by 30 September 2021
- Applications should describe a clearly defined materials problem that required support from Royce facilities or expertise
- Project can take place at any Royce Partner
- Projects requiring secondment of academic personnel to the business premises or industry researchers to the academic institution are eligible and encouraged for projects lasting at least 3 months
What Equipment does Royce have?
As the national institute for advanced materials, Royce has an extensive catalogue of equipment including facilities to make, test and characterise materials.
How to apply?
Before making an application we strongly advise applicants to discuss their projects with the Business Development Manager responsible for the research area that most aligns with your activity. Contact details for our Business Engagement Team are available below or you can contact 0161 306 7585 to set up a meeting.
Following this, please fill in the Industrial Collaboration Programme Application Form which is designed to highlight the opportunity to Royce and the potential value to your business.
Business Engagement Team
Contact the member of the Business Engagement Team operating in your area to set up an initial meeting to discuss your application or contact 0161 306 7585.
Dr Michelle Ledward
Business Development Manager | Materials Systems for Demanding Environments/Sustainable Materials Innovation Hub